Terms & Conditions – Seaview Cottage, Kintra
Please Note: Making a confirmed booking constitutes acceptance of the following Terms & Conditions and an agreement to be bound by them.
1. THE CONTRACT
1.1 The contract entered into is between J Boyd (The Owner) and the person making the booking (The Hirer).
1.2 The contract is not effective until the required payment has been received and confirmation sent from the Owner to the Hirer.
2.1 Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under the age of 18 years
2.2 Seaview Cottage is designed to accommodate a maximum of 8 persons.
2.3 The person who makes the booking (the Hirer) will be responsible for all persons (including visiting guests) included in the booking and should ensure that they are all aware of these booking terms and conditions.
2.4 The Owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over the keys to any person who has not complied with the booking terms and conditions.
3.1 Provisional reservations can be made by telephone (this is the preferred method as it enables a provisional reservation to be made at the time) or by email.
3.2 Once accepted, the provisional reservation must be confirmed by the payment of the required deposit of £150 within 7 days.
3.3 Provisional reservations may be cancelled by the Owner after 7 days, without further reference, if the deposit has not been received.
3.4 To make a reservation:
- By Telephone:
- Telephone to check that Seaview Cottage is available for your required dates and make a provisional reservation.
- Send your payment of the £150 deposit, to ensure it is received within 7 days of the initial telephone call, by bank transfer to: Mrs BJ Boyd, HSBC A/C number: 31080466 , Sort code: 40-20-34
- Please also send an email stating the deposit has been transferred along with Hirers details (name, address, contact number, booked dates).
- Receipt of your deposit and confirmation of your reservation will be provided by the Owner by email.
- Check Seaview Cottage is available for your required dates using the online availability calendar.
- Telephone your booking request to one of the numbers shown on the website: +44 (0) 1244 342829 or +44 (0) 7917 447521
- Within 24hrs (whenever possible) your request will be acknowledged and if availability is confirmed a provisional booking will be made in your name.
- To confirm your reservation pay the required deposit by sending a bank transfer to Mrs BJ Boyd, HSBC A/C number: 31080466 , Sort code: 40-20-34
- Receipt of your deposit and confirmation of your reservation will be provided, by email, by the Owner.
3.4 You must pay the balance of the rental charge at least 4 weeks before the holiday is due to start. Please note that reminders cannot be sent.
3.5 If the balance is not received within the time specified, the Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking, re-market Seaview Cottage for that hire period and retain the deposit.
3.6 Reservations made within 4 weeks of the start of the holiday will require payment to be made in full at the time of booking (i.e. within 7 days of the provisional booking being confirmed).
4.1 Once a reservation is confirmed, the Hirer is responsible for the total cost.
4.2 In the event of cancellation by the Hirer, the Owner will endeavour to re-let Seaview Cottage and if successful may refund any monies paid, less a £50.00 administration fee for each week originally reserved.
4.3 The Owner does not operate any scheme of cancellation or travel insurance and the Hirer is advised to obtain their own insurance cover for the holiday.
5. BOOKING ALTERATIONS
5.1 Any change of dates by the Hirer will be subject to the agreement of the Owner.
5.2 If for reasons beyond its control the Owner has to cancel arrangements made for the Hirer, the Owner will return to the Hirer all monies paid, where upon the owners liability will cease. The Hirer should ensure that he/she has appropriate insurance cover for such events.
5.3 Bookings are not transferable to persons other than those named as the Hirer(s) in the initial booking, except by agreement with the Owner.
6. DAMAGE, LOSS AND NUISANCE
6.1 The Hirer agrees:
- 6.1.1 To treat Seaview Cottage and its contents with care and respect.
- 6.1.2 To be responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in a clean condition.
- 6.1.3 To report and pay for any loss or damage, however caused, incurred during occupation.
- 6.1.4 To allow reasonable access to the Cottage by the Owner or representative if it is deemed necessary
- 6.1.5 To pay for any telephone calls from the Seaview Cottage landline made to mobile numbers or non-UK landline numbers.
6.2 If in the opinion of the Owner any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of Seaview Cottage because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may treated by the owner as discharged and the owner may re-possess the property immediately. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of rental and no refund will be due.
6.3 Smoking is not permitted in Seaview Cottage.
6.4 The Owner shall not be responsible for loss or damage to any belongings of the Hirer (or of the Hirer’s guests) or for injuries sustained by the Hirer (or by the Hirer’s guests) unless caused by negligence or default of the Owner.
Occupancy shall be from 1600 on the day of arrival until 1000 on the morning of departure, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed with the Owner.
8. DOGS AND PETS
Sorry but the Owner does not accept dogs or any other pets at Seaview Cottage.
9.1 Whilst the Owner makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of descriptions, these are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only. If there are any points of particular importance please contact the Owner to clarify information.
9.2 Whilst the Owner has taken all responsible steps to ensure that the information contained in its brochures, tariffs, websites and advertisements is accurate, the owner reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any fee, service, facility or amenity.
10.1 The Owner cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, heating, electrical services or exceptional weather.
10.2 No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property, vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Hirer or any member of the party during their occupancy.
11.1 If in the opinion of the Hirer there are grounds for complaint, it is the duty of the Hirer to take it up with the Owner immediately or as soon as reasonably possible and in any event before departure to allow remedial action to be taken.
11.2 It is specifically agreed that failure by the Hirer to notify the Owner of any complaint in accordance with the timescale set out in clause 11.1 will entitle the owner to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of its merits.
The failure of the Owner to enforce or exercise, at any time, or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
13. LEGAL PROVISIONS
13.1 The construction, validity and performance of this Agreement are governed by the laws of the UK and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the UK Courts.
13.2 The Hirer agrees that the contract with the Owner is made at the owner's premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the Owner.
13.3 Clause headings are for convenience only and do not form part of or affect the interpretation of this agreement.
14. DATA PROTECTION
14.1 All personal data provided to the Owner will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. The owner will keep that data safe and secure and will not share it with any other organization without the consent of the Hirer, unless required to do so by law.